Ajay Ajaal, is a data architect from Toronto. Currently working on solving the "I need experience to get a job but I need a job to get experience" problem everyone faces at least once in their lives.
- 2014 – I decide to write a script that searches the interwebs and filters for Libyan news
- 2015 – Graduated from university and decided to try my hand at bringing analytics and personalization to small business in the form of PixelBlock Studios
- 2016 – After an adventure with PixelBlock, I decide to work for Rogers Media to learn about how media works but also get experience managing huge brands such as Sportsnet
- 2017 – Telus comes knocking and I decide to join and build the analytics infrustructure required for analysis and personalization
- 2018 – I end up leading a team of 8+ engineers managing the infrustracture and Telus grows in complexity and capabilities
- 2018 – I dedicate some time to creating JADE (Junior Analytics Development Experience) and building a framework/culture of personal growth within the analytics team
- 2019 - 10 Jadsters were hired by the end of 2019 & I decided that it was time to bring this program to other companies
- 2020 - Founded Junior Mentorship with the mission of solving the "I need a job to get experience, but I need experience to get a job" problem everyone faces at least once in their lifetime. Pivoted multiple times due to COVID, but we're still going.
- Hiring and developing a team of junior engineers at TELUS Digital
- Writing code that has been run by the ~90% of Canadians who have ever visited a Rogers Media brand (web and app) or Telus property (web or app)
- Speaking at Adobe Summit 2019 (alongside Corey Spencer)
- Bank of Montreal
- Canada Post
- Charter Communications